Sunday, May 15, 2005

Aichi Expo 2005

Hey Everyone, I just went to the Aichi Expo 2005, and it was amazing! I am so exhasted today. I went on Saturday, only for one day. If anyone is interested in what I did at expo, they can check out my other blog (www.kansaigaidaienglishtwo.blogspot.com), but basically, here, I just want to talk about what impressed me the most about expo. I was so impressed with the garbage! One of the themes of this years expo is all about the environment, and because of that, all garbage must be totally separated before you throw it away. This is such a great idea. After I had eaten lunch, I had to separate all of the plastic containers, wooden chopsticks, drink cups, plastic bags, and burnable garbage into separate garbage cans. It was a really efficient system, because all of the garbage cans were clearly labled, so that you could know where to put what garbage. What warmed my heart the most was that everyone was separating their garbage, even though it took longer to thow away your garbage. It was nice to see how willing everyone was to recycle and organize their garbage when there were clearly labled garbage cans available to do so. I wish we had garbage cans like that all over the place. I think the expo should be really proud of the way that they are handling garbage . . . now if only they hadn't cut down all those trees to build the expo in the first place, but that's another story.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Uly said...

I am still on the question that why they cut many trees to buid Aichi Expo which is about environment?? very strange...

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Uka said...

Ohhh you went to Aichi expo... I envy you! coz theres no way to go to Aichi expo from here!!!!!
Thank you for ya birthday wishes on my blog! Thanks to all my friends, I had the best birthday I hav ever had!
Hey, I found an interesting website, http://www.food-force.com/ its about hunger and rocovery from the earth quake in Sumatra...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home