Monday, April 25, 2005

My computer at work is totally infected with viruses! It's so frustrating, because now, I don't have any internet access in my office, because my computer won't work on the internet anymore. The Kansai Gaidai mail server is totally infected with viruses. I wish they would hurry up and fix it. I wonder when I'm going to have the internet in my office again. I never realised how dependent I was on the internet. I use it so much for my work. Whenever I want to get an article or check on some facts, I just turn to the internet, and I expect it to be instantly available to satisfy my needs. It's amazing how much the world has changed in less than 10 years. In the old days, you had to go to a library to find out information - now it is at our fingertips. Unless of course you are me, and your computer has crashed big time because of viruses.

However, eventhough I have lots of viruses at work, I can still use my computer at home. Hmmmm, maybe this is a good thing because now I have a good excuse to always go home early :-)

1 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger aoba said...

Hi, Scott! My grandma always says, "you know, long time ago...." or "during the war..." things, i mean old stories. well, i am in young generation, and i don't know how world is changing into high tech, bcoz it is normal that i have my PC and search with internet. but, my dad uses his PC very careful and he thinks the things valuable than me. i mean he knows troubles or difficulties in old days, and he appreciates today's convinience. other side, i take it for granted, this is just normal with my cell phone, electronic dictionary and PC and stuff! do you think we are getting used to those things and take it for granted too much? do you think i should take care of stuff more?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home