Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I wonder what would happen if I printed out a lot of these cigarette warnings that I posted in my blog, and I gave them to smokers around campus. Would they be offended, embarrassed, angry, rude? First of all, they'd probably think that I was just some crazy gaijin and ignore whatever I gave them. On the other hand, it would be a good example of "civil society". Me acting for the better of all rather than waiting for the government to do something.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for my Japanese teacher to come over. I study Japanese every Wednesday afternoon. It's been a lot of fun, but I never did learn how to speak Japanese. It's such a shame. I will have been here for two years, but I never learned the language. It funny, because I learned Hebrew in about six months, and it seems like I learned French in just six weeks when I was a kid. However, I sure am going to be an expert when I go back home and I eat in sushi shops! I know how to say all of the fish :-)

1 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger aoba said...

In my schooldays, I don't know why, but there was climate? tendency for young people, particulary, young men think they are cool or something if they smoke. For me, it is rediculous, becoz I do not like smoking. I think there are many people, especially young boys who don't like smoking, but they are kind of forced to smoke to show them tough or cool. Who start to say smoking is cool? I wonder. At least these tendency also affect smoking, too, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home